It is true that every man has his own strengths and insecurities, and what they may desire in a woman vary from one man to another. Though, an average man may decide to enter into a relationship with honest women, whom he can trust completely and are not likely to betray the trust reposed on them, many more may decide to go for ladies with better outward appearances and physical health.
Although majority men may like classy women because of their intrigues, mysterious and alluring nature, yet there is a huge difference between sexy and sleazy women. It is an established fact that intelligent women, without positive personalities, strong but without character, and relaxed but domineering, are an embarrassment to men. Men look out for the woman they can control and entrust the security of their secrets on.
However, most of the principles and demands on the part of women as a panacea or prerequisite for a good relationship lack merit in the sight of the Almighty God. In the sight of God, women are valued so much and so God spent more time modeling and remodeling her, even to the point of keeping the man sleeping, to help Him concentrate more, so as to present her to the man as a surprising gift. In other words, the man God created is to show his love through striving for the welfare of others, even to give up his life for them, but the duty of a woman is glaringly different. The following are the five ways a woman shows love:
1. Tender Care – God created the woman to show what tenderness and quiet endurance are, when she sacrifices herself for the sake of others. A little child, during the first years of its life, is dependent on the mother. It is not only that the child may learn to love its mother, but that the mother herself may be trained in the school of self-sacrificing love – for her greatest adorning, according to the Bible is, “the ornament of a meek and quiet spirit, which is in the sight of God of great price” ( 1 Peter 3:4).
The tendency nowadays in public life is to place woman on an equal footing with man. This is only right in many cases. But one must not forget that the best ornament of a woman is a meek and quiet spirit, which is of great price in the sight of God, and of man, and which makes her a blessing in her home. It is the suffering, prayerful, all-conquering love of the wife and the mother which secures the happiness of a people.
2. Obedience – In creating woman, God had in mind that she would be a wife and mother, exercising obedience to her head, the man as He instructs: “You wives, be in subjection to your own husbands; that, if any obey not the word, they also may without the word be won by the conversation of the wives” (I Peter 3:1). Wives are instructed to obey their husbands in all things as instructed by God. This obedience is not to be mistaken with slavery. The love wherewith the Father loved the Son is was a wonderful, never-ending one, such that all that the Father was and had, He gave to the Son. The Son responded to this love by giving the Father all. In this same hand, the husband is expected to love his and treat her as one with him, not a slave. The duty of the wife however, is to obey her husband in all things. Jesus kept the Father’s commandments and abode in His love.
3. Sacrifice – It could be noted that human beings are expected to love sacrificially, but the love of a woman is beyond description. Woman are enjoined to preserve as a great treasure the precious jewel which God has entrusted to them – ability to reflect the love of God in all its tenderness and sympathy, together with its all-encompassing sacrificial application. In the whole duty of a man, this is what gives her a heavenly influence and power over her husband and children, and in her dealings with her neighbours, as a living witness to what the love of God can do.
4. Great Comfort – The love of a woman is the power that breaks the heart of men. From experience, we know that what is more important to our happiness and well-being is what is going on in our inner lives. If we have no calmness and cannot control our emotions, then something else is controlling us. If our inner life is filled with harmony, peace and love, then we can easily manifest such virtues in our lives through what we say and do. Women, for all we care, exhibit such an inner comfort and peace more than anyone else and so are credited with the ability to comfort at the time of pain. The Almighty God promised to bless His children just exactly the same way as a mother comforts her children: “As one whom his mother comforteth, so will I comfort you; and ye shall be comforted in Jerusalem” (Isaiah 66:13). Women have always been an embodiment of comfort.
5. Stewardship – Women are always described as stewards of love. Think of Mary, the woman who loved much, and the other women to whom the Lord Jesus Christ revealed Himself on the resurrection morning. It was the love of these women that gave them the right to be the first to meet the Lord, and to take the message to the disciples. It is required in stewards that a person be found faithful; that a woman so dedicated devote herself wholly to her life task. She is expected to be faithful at her work, and always at her post in the house where the treasures are stored up. She must be faithful not only to God but to others, caring for the needs of the souls entrusted to her, and ready to recommend God’s love and to share it with others. This divine love is a mystery, and can only dwell in a heart that is set apart for God and satisfied with His love, which flows from Him as a stream of living water.
Beloved, my sincere prayer is that God should bless again and again, all the mothers and wives and daughters of our land, so that they will prove in their lives how beautiful and powerful the love of women is!